Profession of faith
As the author of the educational materials and most of the texts on this site, I think it is important to let you know what I believe:
- I believe in a unique God, existing from all eternity in three people: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God; infallible, it constitutes authority and the only standard for the faith and life of the believer.
- I believe that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, that he was born of the Virgin Mary, and that he came from the Father with divine nature and sinless human nature.
- I believe in the person and in the divinity of the Holy Ghost. I believe that he remains in the believer to reveal to him Jesus Christ and the truths of the Bible, to lead him into a life consistent with his teachings, and to communicate to him power and comfort.
- I believe in the authenticity of his teaching and miracles; I believe that he took upon himself all our sins, that he died and rose bodily; sitting to the right of the Father, he is our mediator and our lawyer.
- I believe in the return in person of the Lord Jesus Christ to establish his glorious kingdom with all his redeemed.
- I believe that the human being was originally created without sin. Tempted by Satan, he fell and thus placed the entire human race under the condemnation of an eternal separation from God.
- I believe that the human being is loved by God, and that he is called to change his life through repentance and to convert to restore a true and just relationship with God and his neighbor. Only his faith in Christ’s work on the cross can save him from eternal condemnation.
- I believe in the dignity of life and the human body, marriage and family, education and work, as proclaimed and protected by the commandments of God.
- I believe that the Church is the Assembly of believers who keep faith in Jesus Christ, the witness and teaching of the apostles, beyond denominations, languages or cultures.